Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What happens at 4pm?

Does the air we breathe change at 4pm? Our kiddos always seem to go a little crazy at that time of the day. Tonight's dinner was quite interesting.

Sweet Baby alternately cried and smiled through it.
Monkey stuck a macaroni up his nose. Thankfully he got it out, but then promptly ate it. Yum!
Girlfriend came late to supper because she was finishing her schoolwork. Then, very slowly ate her dinner, enjoying every morsel.
Punkin' and Dude snarfed down two servings and then played some kind of loud fighting game at the table while everyone else was trying to eat.

I am so thankful for my kids. This is one of those times where I need to remind myself of their beautiful and amazing characters.

Sweet Baby loves everyone. He brightens up a room with his smile!
Monkey is a pistol. He can bring a laugh to almost anyone!
Girlfriend is distracted, but she takes the time to see, smell, taste, feel, hear everything. Sometimes I long to take the time to just enjoy life like she does.
Punkin' is very passionate. He amazes me with his depth when I take the time to stop and listen to him.
Dude is super bright and caring. He feels for those around him and takes the time to let us know.

I pray that each of our kids will use there strengths to glorify God. I pray they will, also, allow God to be glorified through their weaknesses.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a part of raising these children!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful expression of appreciating what your children are, so you can lessen your wishes that they would be something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue. I am slowly figuring this out as I go. :) Thankfully we have a very patient and forgiving God who is holding my hand the whole way!

    ReplyDelete