Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Punkin'

We have started a tradition for New Year's Eve. We spend the night at a friends house and ring in the new year (sometimes when the East coast reaches it) with them. Our kids (our five plus their two) have a great time eating and playing together. Then, our kids sleep on sleeping bags in the basement. The next morning everyone eats breakfast and we hang out for a little while before heading home to watch football (and this year play the new Wii).

Well, a little while before leaving I headed downstairs to collect some of our things. I found Punkin' and our friend's three year old little girl laying on the couch snuggling under blankets. I asked what they were doing and Punkin' answered, with no hesitation and very matter-of-factly, "We're on our honeymoon."

...A moment of silence from me.

Then I quietly said that was great and promptly went up stairs to tell the other adults. How funny this little man is!


Daddy went down a little while later to collect some things. He found Punkin' setting up a bed on the floor. When asked if they were still on their honeymoon he told Daddy, "No, she is having her baby today."

This wild and crazy boy understands a lot more than I think he does!

1 comment: