For a fun project we colored hard boiled eggs to look like penguins (Idea is from Mystery of History 3. Use Sharpie markers...wait until the eggs are room temperature, so they are not wet!). I hid them outside and we hunted them and ate them. Penguins are quite tasty with a little salt.:)
Do not conform any longer to the pattern
of this world, but be transformed by the
renewing of your mind.
Romans 12:2a
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Ferdinand Magellan
We read about Ferdinand Megellan for history this week. We learned about the straight named after him, how he never actually circumnavigated the earth (his crew finished the journey for him), and what they ate in South America...penguins. For some reason I never thought of South America as being cold, but it is really close to Antarctica down there. Another great thing about homeschooling...I am learning so much, too!
For a fun project we colored hard boiled eggs to look like penguins (Idea is from Mystery of History 3. Use Sharpie markers...wait until the eggs are room temperature, so they are not wet!). I hid them outside and we hunted them and ate them. Penguins are quite tasty with a little salt.:)


For a fun project we colored hard boiled eggs to look like penguins (Idea is from Mystery of History 3. Use Sharpie markers...wait until the eggs are room temperature, so they are not wet!). I hid them outside and we hunted them and ate them. Penguins are quite tasty with a little salt.:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment