Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Decorations this year!

Well, we set up our Christmas tree two weeks before Thanksgiving. We waited a couple weeks before we put the ornaments on because I kept forgetting to buy lights at the store. (We also tried the LED lights and I just can't do it. They are so bright. I like the soft color of regular lights.)

Well this is what our Christmas tree looks like now.

We lost the top section of lights a couple days after we put the ornaments on. The bottom section went out a couple of days ago. So, I am not ready to go out and buy new lights. We will just have to wait until the after Christmas sales and have them ready for next year. At least it is in a pattern!

UPDATE: Thank you to a dear friend who gave us some of their leftover lights.
------------------------------------------------
I, also, noticed that Margaret was playing with our kid-friendly nativity set. She added some characters to it.

I didn't know Cinderella and the prince visited baby Jesus!
------------------------------------------------
God provided us with an outdoor nativity set this year. (everything came from dumpster diving, even the timer). Dad and the boys set it up.



------------------------------------------------
WOW! We went out tonight to see a light display at a house in Normal done by an 18 year old guy. We have a couple of videos for you.


O Holy Night

Trans-Siberian Orchestra
---------------------------------------------------
There is video of the house here but there is more info at his website. www.kiblersdazzlinglights.com

2 comments: