With the busyness of August we have not read much of our history book (Mystery of History vol 3) lately. Today we read lesson 55 about Samuel de Champlaine and Henry Hudson, explorers to North America (Canada) in the early 16th century. Dude and Girlfriend sit quietly and enjoy listening to these stories.
Punkin' and Monkey, on the other hand, do not want to be there. I finally told Punkin' that since he is officially in Kindergarten he needs to sit and listen and have a good attitude. (This was after I saw him sitting with his fingers in his ears with very angry eyebrows on his face.)
So, after having to sit through that, what do I hear Punkin' and Monkey playing: Let's explore North America! They both asked if they could take some stuffed animals outside and use the play tent for their explorations. I think they are planning on trading some furs.
I hope they don't get lost forever like Henry Hudson. :)
Dealing with the same issue with JT during science (Exploring Creation through Astronomy.) He loves it, wants to be an astronaut when he grows up, and talks about what he's learning all the time; except during the actual lessons from the book!
ReplyDelete