Monday, January 25, 2010

New mom, again!

I can not imagine life without these amazing children God has allowed me to raise. With four children we have not gotten a lot of "looks" or comments while out and about. (That might be because we rarely are out and about.) Now that we are counting down the months to adding our fifth child to our family I have thought a lot about what my response would be to those comments or stares. I pray I will be gracious and loving every time. I pray I will not take it personally every time. We will just have to see how it goes. I guess I should not borrow trouble!

Am I the mother I always wanted to be? I don't think I ever thought that far ahead. I know that these children belong to the Lord. My biggest prayer is that I would never do or say anything that would get in the way of them knowing Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and following him with all of their hearts. I know I make a lot of mistakes, but I pray that I am real enough, transparent enough to admit my mistakes and ask for forgiveness. I pray that my kids will see Christ in me. I pray that they will understand God's heart for the world.

Well, these are my deep thoughts. I get pretty emotional while in the last trimester.

Take a look at this blog entry: http://booksandbairns.blogspot.com/2009/05/i-am-not-mother-i-wanted-to-be.html

Three big brothers and one big sister loving on the new baby.
(Yes, I am just waking up in this picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment